Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our first time leaving Brodie for a couple hours

5/16/09

So while Nana Rita and Great-Grandma K were in town, we asked if they could babysit Brodie while Ben and I went to see Star Trek. They said yes, of course :) On our way out the door to head to the theater, Nana goes "don't cry". haha We said we wouldn't, that the movie was only a couple hours long.

Well, I was good until right before the movie started, they showed that "be silent during the movie" thing. It just played the noises from people talking, cell phones ringing, and a baby crying. Well, when I heard that baby crying noise I immediately thought of Brodie and the tears I started to tear up! hahaha :) Then by the time I was ok from that, the beginning of Star Trek made me cry too! It was a very emotional beginning, and made me think of Brodie.

Once it was more into the movie, I was ok. The movie was really good, just that beginning made me miss and think of my baby!! :) It was our first time ever getting a babysitter for him since he's been born, well, my first time. Ben has gone back to work and I'm still at home with him. Great-Grandma K and Nana said that Brodie was really good, that he didn't really have any crying fits. He let them know when he was hungry. :)

When the movie was over, we waited around while the credits rolled, just to see if there would be anything playing at the end of the credits. I couldn't wait that long, I kept telling Ben "I don't think there's anything that's going to play... " and finally I was like "Let's go, I miss my baby!" haha Even before the movie ended, I sent a text to Nana to see how everything was going and she said "He's doing great, only asked for mommy & daddy 3 times" haha :)

When we got home, Ben and I both were so happy to see Brodie again! Ben was holding Brodie before I did after we got home and I had to take Brodie away from him! :) I missed that cute little guy, I'm glad I'm back home with him.

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *