Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5/6/09

Today was our second doctor's visit. Brodie did SO much better than the last time! He was way more alert and didn't cry as much when the nurse was taking his temperature. Maybe it was because he pooped and peed on her? haha :)

When the nurse weighed him, both Ben and I knew that he had gained some weight since last time. He weighed in at 9lbs 2oz!! We were like, "well he does eat a lot..." haha But the nurse had to weigh him again just to make sure the scale was reading correctly!

The doctor came in and checked him out and said he was doing GREAT! We love hearing that! He's doing soooo good!! :)

After the doctor's visit we went to my work so Brodie could meet all the women I work with, and maybe put some faces to the voices he heard for the past 9 months :) All the women were ooo-ing and aahh-ing over him of course. Saying how cute he is and how precious... and how much he looks like his daddy! :) Everyone was telling Ben how Brodie just looked so much like him, almost like Brodie was his clone!! hahaha It was funny, but it's so true! Last night Ben and I were looking at my baby pictures and his baby pictures to see what features Brodie got from us. Turns out, he only got my dimple and chin, maybe my lips but everything else is from Ben. Mini-Ben. :)

Yesterday while Brodie and I were home and Ben was at work, Brodie's umbilical cord fell off!! At first I was a little shocked thinking I accidentally ripped it off, but Brodie didn't act as if he was hurting or anything. I laid it aside so when Ben got off work he could see it. I did text Ben to let him know and I told him I saved it for him. :) When Ben got home, he took one glance at it and wasn't impressed and immediately threw it away. We aren't the type to save that kind of stuff for his baby book. haha

Also yesterday, Brodie had a bit of a stomach ache or something. He was spitting up a lot. We think it was because we were giving him a different formula, a soy based formula and it just wasn't agreeing with him. Once we switched back to his regular formula, he's been ok since. Today, he hasn't spit up once.

Last night, Brodie only woke up TWO times!! Once at 4:30am and the second time at 7:15am!! He's starting to sleep more! :D Woo hoo! haha Hopefully this cycle stays until he sleeps through a whole night! That would be wonderful :) Also, we do have him sleeping with us, but we have a sleep positioner so he can't roll around in bed and it gives us the freedom to not have to hold him the whole night. We've placed it up between our pillows. We swaddle him and lay him there and he'll just drift off to sleep. I have placed him in his crib one time while he was napping while I showered, but that's been the only time. We tried putting him in the crib one night, but he kept grumbling (he's always making noises when he's sleeping) and I kept getting up out of bed and looking in on him. Finally, Ben said "just bring him to bed with us" and I did. One of these days I'll be brave enough to leave him in his crib without checking up on him. :)

Brodie still is such a good baby! All the women I work with were saying how good he is! While we were at work he didn't fuss or cry or anything! All the girls took turns holding him and he was just so cozy in their arms. It was sweet.

Everything is going wonderful. I don't think I could ask for a better baby or a better husband. Life is GREAT!! :)

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *