Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dr visits, every week!!!

Yesterday we had the first of our weekly doctor visits. We see two doctors and a nurse practitioner, every other week. This week we saw Dr. Hodes (the dad doctor, his daughter-Dr. Nauser, and then the nurse-Collen). It was so funny Dr. Hodes and Ben are always talking about their iPhones and technology, etc. So, when Dr. Hodes came in one of the first things he said was "Well, I got it" reaching for his iPhone 4 to show Ben! haha He also made the comment that when he saw that we were on his schedule he got excited--so he and Ben can talk about their phones LOL.

So our doctor visits with him are half technology, half baby talk. Which is fine by me!

As I was laying back down so the doctor could measure me, Dr. Hodes asked how big Brodie was. I tell him a little over 8lbs, and then he measures my belly and feels to make sure she's head down and goes "WHOA! This is going to be a nice sized baby!" and I yell out, "I knew it!" haha The previous night Ben and I were in our bathroom checking out our baby belly--which has gotten very huge. I asked Ben if he thought she'll be an 8lber like Brodie was and he goes "no, I think she'll be smaller". I will be VERY surprised if she's not an 8lb baby. You never know, I have no idea... But I just feel like she'll be big. But that's fine, big chunky babies are SOOO cute! :)

Everything was checking out fine though. My blood pressure was up just a little than usual, but nothing to be concerned about. I was also huffing and puffing walking back to get weighed and my blood pressure checked.

I'm still able to get around, just not very well. I still use a cane at work. It does help when having to go to the bathroom right at that very moment! haha :) I have been having a lot more Braxton Hicks contractions, and man do I hate them. I don't remember having them when I was pregnant with Brodie. I may have, but not as intense. They're not contraction-contractions because they're not every 5 minutes or so, they're usually just a few times a day, sometimes none a day. But when they happen it sucks!

I have most of our bags packed for when we have to go to the hospital too. Naomi's coming home outfit, her blankie, her hair clip and headband, her baby book. I have my pj's packed and robe. We brought the infant car seat inside-as it was in Ben's truck and the base in my trunk. It's sitting in our kitchen right now, but we'll soon have to rearrange the back seat for both car seats-aaahh!! :) But as of right now, while it sits in our kitchen on the floor, Brodie LOVES playing with it. He will lay there and just play with the buckles and jabber. He tries to lay in it backwards, like from the top and it has flipped him a couple times-poor baby. But he'll go back right to it! He'll even sit in it and try to rock himself. It's SO funny to watch him play with it. We tell him all the time "that's for baby sister Brodie!" and it just goes in one ear and out the other. :)

Things are going good though. Just growing and waiting :) Baby Naomi will be here soon enough!! :D And we cannot wait!

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *