Thursday, August 26, 2010

2 weeks & 16 months update

Brodie turned 16 months last week and Naomi is now 2 weeks old! Crazy how time flies. I said it with Brodie and it's going even faster with Naomi!

Brodie is still adjusting pretty well to his baby sister. He'll give her kisses when we do and he'll touch her on the head, legs.

Other than adjusting to his new sister, Brodie is doing really well! He is throwing things, which we're trying-unsuccessfully-to get him to stop. Yesterday he threw a toy at a little girl at daycare, and it hit her in the face! Then this morning he threw one of his toys while I was holding baby sister and it hit her on the head! I do not like him throwing things, at all. He threw a ball (a hard plastic one) at my face this evening and if I wasn't wearing my glasses it would have hit my eye. Not good. It may be that he's acting out with the change that's going on, perhaps just a phase that all kids go through? Who knows but it does need to stop.

When Brodie's jabbering to you, it really sounds like he's having a conversation. Sometimes you can make out words/phrases, such as "I did it". I'm not quite sure what else he's been saying, so much to keep track of and update you all on :)

I don't think he has any more teeth coming in. He hasn't been acting like it, nor have we noticed any new teeth in his mouth.

We've decided that Bro's not going to have any more hair cuts. Ben was sad at his last hair cut because it was so short, so we're going to grow his hair out from now on :) I think he'll look SO cute with long hair!

Bro's also finally settling back into his routine since bringing baby sister home. Which I am so happy about! He was off schedule for a couple weeks but he's finally getting back on track. My mom is coming to stay with us next week but I'm going to still take Brodie to daycare, only because I don't want him to get off schedule again.

Other than everything that's been going on, he's been doing pretty well! He's still getting attention and love like he was before. :)

Now Naomi, already 2 weeks old! Pretty crazy considering her due date is tomorrow!! haha She's looking around more, lifting her head up more, and she gets up about 3 times at night to feed/get a diaper change. During the day, she mostly sleeps. She may have her nights/days mixed up. When she is awake during the day, she likes to look around and make the funniest faces!

I do have to say, she does look more like me than Ben :) Not just saying that because Bro looked and still looks more like Ben, but it's true. When my mom comes down I ask that she bring down some of my baby pictures so I can compare but she says that Naomi is the "spitting image" of me, hehe :) We each have our own little "mini-me's" haha!

All in all, we're all doing great! We're starting to get into a routine with the four of us. :) Everything is fine here. :) We can't wait for everyone else to meet little Naomi! Though we won't be back to Ellsworth/Salina until Thanksgiving. All the pictures we have of Naomi are on our phones, so I'll try to post some tomorrow. I have some good ones of Bro too! Sorry I haven't been able to post any pictures lately!

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *