Monday, August 9, 2010

Maybe our last doctor appt until Naomi arrives?

We had our weekly doctor appointment this morning. Still doing good, I'm 3cm dilated and 50% effaced (thinned out). He said that I probably won't make it to the 23rd-our induce date!

After our appointment, when I got up from the table there was this big wet spot where I was sitting. I told Ben that I had hoped my water didn't break while the doctor was checking me and of course, Ben who doesn't really know says "well, if your water broke I'm sure there'd be a bigger spot". Not necessarily there smarty :)

Anyway, on the way to work driving and while at work, I had been having contractions, and pains, and feeling like I was leaking. I waited until the afternoon to call the doctor's office, because I wanted to see how my contractions were going, etc.

Well, I talked with one of the nurses, they said they'd talk to the doctor and then call me back. They called back and told me that the doctor had stripped my membranes this morning and that I needed to walk A LOT! So, I've been trying to walk more while at work, but it is hard! My hips hurt so bad, but I'm trying.

My contractions are about 20-40 minutes apart and some are more intense than the others. We'll see how tonight goes! Maybe she'll be here by the end of the week!! :D I know we'd be OK with it!! :)

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *