Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We proudly welcome to the family...



Naomi Maxine Gwinner
8lbs 1.2oz, 20" long, and a head circumference of 14"
Born 8/11/10 at 1:44am

We had her! Two weeks early too! :) She is the most adorable, beautiful baby girl I have ever seen! And I'm not just saying that because she's our daughter ;)

The labor/delivery went great. It was a very different experience than with Brodie. I started having contractions at 4:15pm while at work. I didn't really think much of it because the day before I was having contractions too but they weren't very close together. These I had on Tuesday (8/10/10) were about 5 minutes apart.

While on my way to get Brodie from daycare I called Ben and told him about the contractions I had been having and how close they were. I got Bro and we went home. Ben called and he was going to go to another shop to drop something off but I told him that he had better come home instead, just in case.

I was already trying to get our hospital bags rounded up just in case. When Ben got home I hopped in the shower and Ben started getting more things ready too. After the shower I called my doctor and told him about the contractions and how close they were, still about 5 minutes apart sometimes three minutes apart. The doctor said to go ahead and go on to the hospital, they'll check me out and determine if we need to stay.

We got to the hospital at about 7pm, I was dilated to 4cm and 70% thinned out. They called the doctor and after about an hour came back and said that they're keeping me! :)

That's when the ball started rolling. About a couple hours later I went ahead and got the epidural, took a nap, and then around midnight the doctor came in and broke my water. Around 1:30am I started feeling a lot of pressure down there. I was ready to push!

We had to wait on the doctor though because he was doing a c-section on another mommy. There were three babies all born within 2 hrs of each other that night/morning! :)

After the doctor got there and everyone suited up and got ready, after two pushes she was here! Such a little sweetheart. My first reaction was "wow that's a lot of hair!" And then my second reaction was "wow, we have a daughter!"

While we were in the hospital, Tuyen & Scott took care of Brodie until Nana got to town. Then she took him back to the house and they came the next day to visit :)

So far, Brodie has been good to his baby sister. He'll give her kisses and gently touch her head or legs, but then run off and become uninterested very quick. haha :) He'll be a great big brother though, no doubt about that.

It's great having our daughter here, in our arms. We've been waiting so long for her arrival. It all happened so fast! We can't wait for everyone to meet her. She's such a sweetie!! Just as good as Brodie was when he was that little :)





3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *