Friday, August 20, 2010

First week being home

Well, one week ago today we came home with little miss Naomi. Things have been going really good! She doesn't really cry or fuss. She wakes up about 2-3 times a night to feed/get diaper changed.

We're SO lucky to have the family that we do! Ben's mom was able to drop everything and come down the night we had Naomi to care for Brodie. She stayed with us through Sunday and then took Brodie back with her. He, of course, had a great time in Ellsworth :)

Then Nana and Grandpa came back up here Tuesday and stayed through Thursday. Nana and Auntie Eden are coming down tomorrow and leaving Sunday. :)

Our first week though has been, like I said, really good. Brodie's adjusting well to his new baby sister. He'll give her kisses and touch on her head. Yesterday afternoon was my first half day alone with just the kids. At one point, I was in the kitchen fixing Bro and I some lunch. He ran to the living room and I watched him, he went right in front of his sister and squatted down and just started jabbering at her. It was SO cute!! I didn't have my camera close by otherwise I would've gotten a picture.

The only times that Brodie really fusses/throws a fit is when he sees her eating from a bottle. We're trying to transition Bro from bottle to sippy cup. Now, usually he's really good and would only take a bottle when going to bed--that's what we're trying to transition. But, after talking last night, Ben and I both agreed that because there's a big change happening in his life, to be more relaxed on him having a bottle. It has only been a week since his sissy has been here.

Other than that things are good. Naomi's eating a lot and sleeping a lot. :) We did have to get her blood drawn Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week! :( Because she was looking a little yellow-for jaundice. When she left the hospital it was low, but then Monday it was up and Tuesday it went down, and Wednesday it went down so they said that it's ok and they'll see her again when she's 3 weeks old.

We can't wait for everyone to meet Naomi! She's the sweetest little baby girl. She's starting to really open her eyes and look around more. She smiles SO much when she's sleeping! Yesterday, she was sleeping in my arms and her head was tilted back a little and she laughed! It was probably one of the cutest baby laughs I have ever heard!! :)

Today is my first day with just Naomi. Ben took Brodie to daycare this morning and he's off at work. So far so good! But, I do have to cut this post short as I hear her grumbling over there from a dirty diaper. I'll post more pictures soon! If you have me added on facebook, I do have quite a few pictures of her on there!! :)

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *