Monday, July 12, 2010

Brodie's mini-vacay

Brodie, Nana, and Grandpa left our house Wednesday evening around maybe 6pm. After they left Ben and I just sat on the couch and kind of looked at each other like, "what now?"

It was VERY quiet in our home until we brought Brodie back Saturday afternoon/evening. It was just so weird, coming home after work to just the pets. I could tell that Vida missed him too, she would just lay there beside me and when I'd ask where her Brodie boy was, she'd look around!

On the trip back to Salina/Ellsworth, Nana sent me a couple pictures of Brodie where they stopped to get something to eat-at Steak N Shake.



Thursday and Friday my family went to Ellsworth to visit Brodie. My mom called me each time they were there so I could talk to him. It was SOOO good to hear his babbling and on Friday when my mom called me and put me on speaker phone, when Brodie heard my voice I guess he just turned his head so fast! haha

Friday evening Brodie went over to Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Gwinner's house to go swimming with his cousins, Christopher and Ashlyn! Great-Grandpa sent us some pictures from them swimming and it looked like Brodie had a really good time!






While Brodie was on his little vacation, Ben and I went to the Legends Shopping area and went to Build-A-Dino. It's like Build-A-Bear, but a dinosaur instead! My co-worker, Keiko, and her family gave Brodie a gift card there and we hadn't used it yet. So, while Brodie was away, Ben and I built him a dinosaur! It was really fun. We picked out the dino and they asked us each to pick a heart, close our eyes, kiss it, and make a wish. I did, not quite sure if Ben did! haha And then we also got a little shirt for the dino! He doesn't have a name yet, but that's ok. Oh, and we also put a little noise maker in the tail, so when you press it it roars!


Brodie also got his haircut while on his little vacation! Auntie Eden was able to see him, and he really needed one! haha He looks so grown up now its crazy.

Here's a pic on our way back home! We put his car-seat front facing too and he was SO interested in what was in front of us. His eyes were so big, it was so funny.


And when we got home, we could tell he was happy to be home. We were extremely happy that he was home too! It's not so quiet anymore! :)



Thank you SO much Nana & Grandpa for taking Brodie those couple of days. I was able to get the rest I needed and Brodie was able to spend time with his family he doesn't get to see very often. It was a win-win :) Now we know that we can handle being away from Brodie, when he's that far away. Might not be awhile before we do it again ;) hehe

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *