Thursday, July 8, 2010

Baby girl update

We had another doctor appointment on the 6th. Just a check up. Baby girl is doing good, heart beat is good. I didn't ask if I was measuring big or anything, I was more worried about my sciatica.

The appointment before they prescribed me some Lidocaine patches. They really don't help. The doctor I saw Tuesday said that they really don't work for what they're meant for either. But he did show Ben how he can help me stretch to make my back/left hip feel better. So for the past couple of nights Ben's been helping me stretch. But, I don't know if it'd just be too early to tell or not but I don't think the stretches are helping.

Naomi kicks and just dances around in there all the time! Some days I just want her to be still for a little bit. haha :) Hopefully her being so active in my belly doesn't mean she'll be all squirmy when she's born. Brodie moved around a lot too but when he was born, he was more relaxed.

Our next appointment is on the 19th. Hopefully they'll check to see if I'm dilated any-I have a feeling I am. And then we can discuss when we want to be induced, if she doesn't come on her own by a certain date. I want to be induced either August 20th or 21st. But, we'll see what her plans are. :) However, if she's not out by my selected dates, she will be out by then! haha :)

I think with Brodie being away today and tomorrow, Ben and I might go out to do some retail therapy for little Naomi to get our minds off of Brodie being away from us. We'll see though. I do know I definitely want to get her coming home blanket real soon. Something fun like we got for Brodie. His was brown with guitars on it that said "rockstar". So she has to have something awesome like that right! :)

Also, we're not going to be able to get those 3d/4d sonograms done like we did with Brodie. We're too late!! :( Most of the places I saw only go up to 30 weeks. We're almost 33 weeks. We did find one place that does them up to 34 weeks, but their pretty expensive. But its ok. :) More money we get to spend on other things for her :)

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *