Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July weekend, plus some

Our fourth was very nice! Ben didn't work on Saturday so the three of us really got to hang out together. We didn't do much, or go garage saling like we usually do Saturday mornings-we were a bit occupied with what had just transpired.

The morning started out with Brodie in his room, just playing and then starting to whine and cry. Ben got up and went in there to get him. That's when terror struck. Ben yells at me "Alana, I need your help NOW!" I'm trying to roll out of bed as fast as I can and Ben yells for me again. I meet him and Brodie in the hallway. Brodie, was covered in his own poop! He had it all over his hands, down his legs, on his feet, on his FACE, and he was diaper-less. Ben immediately put him in the tub and took his shirt off and then I proceeded to bathe him, twice. Once to get the poop off, then once to not bathe him in poopy water!

While I was cleaning up Brodie, Ben was cleaning up Brodie's room and crib. Apparently there were little nuggets of poop on the floor in front of Brodie's bed and a couple of Brodie's toys in his crib were covered in poop! Then, Ben says the worst of it all was grabbing one of the blankets and out rolled a big ball of poop Brodie had molded together. YUCK!!! My husband is SO amazing for doing the dirty work. I know I wouldn't have the stomach to do any of that!

So after we got done with all of that atrocity, it was about 10 in the morning. Ben and I were still just kind of in shock of what just happened and couldn't stop laughing. Even today, thinking about that makes me laugh so hard!

Saturday we didn't really do much but the morning incident. Sunday Nana and Grandpa were coming up to watch Brodie while his sitter is out on vacation and while Ben and I worked. Sunday was also Grandpa's birthday so Ben and I baked a cake and cookies. We didn't get to watch the fireworks because it rained. But that was ok, there's always next year. Plus, they're all the same haha :)

Nana and Grandpa stayed until Wednesday watching Brodie. On Monday, I didn't have to work but Ben opened his shop. So, the four of us went to go visit Ben at work. Grandpa hadn't seen Ben's shop yet. Brodie had fun while there, he found a new toy-an old keyboard. He was carrying that thing around. He'd lay on the ground and just type on it. Then he found a fax machine that was just his size! It was on the floor so he was able to stand and press the buttons. He loved that too.

Then Nana and Grandpa took Brodie go Bass Pro Shop to see if Uncle Dave was working. He wasn't, but Nana & Grandpa said Brodie had fun looking at the animals there.

Tuesday Nana & Grandpa took Brodie to the zoo! I had told them that when we went for Mother's Day we only went through the Australia part so they all went through the Africa part. Grandpa said Brodie really liked the monkeys the best, he kept pointing at them. He also got to see some of the sea lion show! He had a really good time. By the time they got back I was already home from work. And when Brodie got home, he was just full of so much energy! So I could really tell he had a great time.

Wednesday they took Brodie to the farmer's market in downtown Overland Park, just a few blocks from our house. They said he enjoyed himself there too.

Nana & Grandpa were going to go back to Salina/Ellsworth Wednesday night because Nana had training for the Census. So I did a lot of thinking. We wouldn't have a sitter for Thursday or Friday. So, more thinking. I've been having a hard time with my sciatica and just horrible pain shooting down from my hip to my ankle. I knew that I wouldn't be able to really take care of Brodie by myself and take him upstairs/downstairs from naps, etc. I knew I'd be hurting myself in the long run. So, I talked with Ben Tuesday afternoon and we decided to let Nana and Grandpa take Brodie back to Ellsworth with them Wednesday evening. But, we're meeting them in Topeka Saturday afternoon, so it's only for two and a half days he'll be away.

It's his very first time being away from us. It was really hard Wednesday while at work. When the time was getting closer to 4:30pm when I get off, that's when it was really starting to set in and the tears just started rolling. I would talk to Ben and he said that it would be ok and that we'd just need to get our minds off it and think about the pros in this. So I tried. Once I was off work and heading home, I kept it together. Got home, grabbed Brodie's things to pack to take with them and I was fine. I didn't cry at all! I hugged, kissed, loved on, cuddled with Brodie as much as I could-even making him annoyed with it haha However, Ben did seem more bummed out than I was yesterday evening. :) It was awfully quiet in the house last night. Pretty weird. But it's ok, we're ok, and Brodie's ok. :) Just gotta remember we'll see him again Saturday afternoon!

I have pictures from the fourth and pictures from when Nana & Grandpa took Brodie to the zoo, I just have to upload the pics from my camera onto our computer and then post them on here. So I'll try to do that either today or tomorrow when I have some free time :)

Hope everyone had a great fourth and whoever sees Brodie these next couple of days, please be sure to give him lots of hugs and kisses for us!!! And tell him we love him and miss him and can't wait to see him Saturday! :D

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *