Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend 2010

This past weekend, Labor Day weekend, we traveled to Salina and Ellsworth to visit family. We had some not so good news about my grandpa and I really wanted to go visit him.

He is doing well, just has lost a lot of weight. He has a doctor's appointment today-a biopsy, on a spot on the lining of his stomach. Though when we saw him, he was doing really well, carrying Brodie and making conversation, in good spirits. :)

Anyway, we left home Saturday morning and traveled back with the babies and dog. I sat in the back all the way to Abilene. We stopped at Russell Stover's and stretched and got some candy. Then I drove the rest of the way to Salina and Ben sat in the passenger seat.

It was actually a surprisingly good trip to Salina! Brodie slept until Topeka or a little after Topeka. And then was awake the rest of the time but was ok, didn't really fuss! Naomi slept the whole way to Salina. I think it helped because it was during the day so Brodie could see outside and watch the other cars go past, etc.

When we stopped in Abilene, Brodie had SO much fun at Russell Stover's! haha, He kept wanting to run around and was smiling at the other people there and pointing at everything. We only had one sample and he didn't really enjoy it. But we did get quite a bit of candy. We let Brodie pick out something by himself, it was one of those mini-Whitman chocolate samplers.

So we went to Salina Saturday and had a lot of fun. My mom got a swing-set and it was in the backyard. Brodie loved it! There aren't baby swings on it, but there is a slide! He loved going down that thing! :) Naomi also got to meet her Great-Grandpa, Grandma, and Great-Uncle Kevin! My mom kept going on about how Naomi is the spitting image of me. Which, I have to admit, made me feel really good since when Brodie was born everyone said he looked just like Ben. :) Mom and I also found some old pictures of me as a baby!

Here are some pictures from the road trip and the day in Salina:















Saturday Evening we left Salina and headed to Ellsworth. Waiting for us was Auntie Eden, Nana, and Grandpa! They were excited to see the kids! :)

Sunday we stayed in Ellsworth and Naomi got to meet her Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa Gwinner and her Great-Grandma K. They all of course loved her :) They loved visiting with Brodie of course too!

Sunday, Nana, Auntie Eden, and I took Brodie to the park to play. Boy did he have fun! He loved the slides and of course the swing! :) He always has fun at the park. We walked there and back, and when we got back to the house I was so tired! Walking and playing wore me out! haha

Here are some pictures from Naomi meeting her Great-Grandparents and from Bro boy at the park:











3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *