Thursday, September 23, 2010

17 months & 6 weeks update

Brodie is now 17 months old and lil Naomi is 6 weeks! Yup, that means I am back at work!

Brodie is REALLY warming up to his sister SO much more now!! It's SO cute, makes my heart melt! Last night I laid a blanket down on the living room floor and laid Naomi on it and I laid beside her. We were playing with some toys and Brodie was over by Dad on the couch whining-he just woke up from a nap not too happy. So Naomi and I are playing and I look over and Brodie and he's staring at us with a big smile on his face! He eventually comes over and starts playing with us.

Naomi started yelling at the stuffed tiger so I flipped her and she did some tummy time for a little bit. While she was laying on her tummy, Brodie decided to come and sit down beside us! Then he kinda pushed me a little to make room because he wanted to lay down beside sissy, in between her and I. He even laid his head down a couple times like Naomi was. It was SO cute!! But then he'd get up and just sit there and he'd gently touch Naomi's hair and her back. It was very sweet. He really does love her! They're going to be great friends when they're older :)

Anyway, so Brodie is 17 months old! Wow, 7 more months and he'll be 2!! I know these next few months are just going to fly by!! He has two more teeth! So I think that makes the count up to 13? They're both coming in on the bottoms on either side of the four front ones. I noticed one day before yesterday while we were at Target and noticed the other yesterday.

Brodie's still growing and being ornery! haha Not sure if I posted this or not in other posts, but Brodie's still not really liking meats. Like, he'll have a couple bites of whatever meat we eat for dinner but then the rest of the time he'll throw it on the floor. He prefers pastas and grilled cheese sandwiches. He may grow up and be a little vegetarian, and if so that's fine we'll accommodate him :)

When we were at Target the other day, we were looking at Halloween costumes. Well, we were just going around the costumes/accessories and went by the wigs. He pointed to the colored wigs and goes "Gaga!" haha I think he was meaning Lady Gaga, but you never know :) hehe

He's a very smart little boy! He may not be able to really make sentences or words most people can understand, but he definitely understands what you say. I told him the other day while feeding Naomi, to go get his cup. He was throwing a fit because she was having a bottle and I had just put some juice in his sippy cup, so I was telling him to go get his cup. He kinda lolly-gagged for a minute but then ran to the kitchen and ran back with cup in hand! :) He understands :) He's a good kid, when he wants to be! haha

Naomi is 6 weeks old. I forgot how much they change and grow in these short 6 weeks! She's really coming into her own. She likes to stare at you and try to "talk" to you. She definitely has some expressions! She's starting to sleep longer through the night, waking up maybe one or two times. She still doesn't sleep in her crib in the kids' room yet, but she'll sleep in the lamb seat that we got at Brodie's baby shower. Last night I believe we went to bed at 10 and I don't think she got up until about 3:30am for a feeding. Now, she will kind of grunt and grumble while laying in the lamb, but she's not waking up or crying. I think she's just trying to get comfortable :)

She's really growing too! She's starting to fill out more and fit into her 3 month clothes! Not so much the new born ones anymore! Some of them, but I'm so anxious to put her in some of her other outfits... haha :)

Naomi likes to watch Brodie run around and go crazy. I'll be holding her and he'll be playing and I'll see her trying to turn her head to see him. It's so cute! :D She goes back for another doctor appointment at her two months, and she'll get shots then! :( I've seen her cry too much from getting shots/blood drawn, I don't want to see it anymore. Poor baby. She'll be ok though.

Everything is going great though. Baby girl is great, she's not a big crier or has colic or anything like that. Brodie's doing great, he's starting to warm up to his baby sis which makes me happy! Both kids are healthy and happy! :)

And, today is my second day back at work and it is going great! Missing my babies of course, but loving the adult conversations and actually doing work rather than sitting on the couch watching TV. :)

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *