Monday, February 15, 2010

Brodie's first Valentine's

Sunday was not only Valentine's Day, but also the Chinese/Vietnamese Lunar New Year! It's the year of the Tiger! Tuyen had told me last week about the New Year and I feel that since Brodie's God-Mama is Buddhist, we should celebrate and teach him about her culture.

Anyway, I woke up Sunday morning, Brodie playing in his crib and Ben still sleeping. I went downstairs and got started on making breakfast for the boys. I made some delicious homemade hash browns! Then I fried up some bacon. I'm not really good at frying bacon because I always, always burn it. I ate the most burned pieces so Ben could have the better ones :)

I cut up the potatoes and put them in the pan with oil on the stove. The only spices I used were salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and garlic powder. Since I knew Brodie would be eating them too I didn't want to make them overwhelming for his little taste buds.

I was just getting ready to call up to Ben to bring Brodie down when they were already heading down the stairs. Ben and Brodie came to the kitchen to see what I was doing. Ben got Brodie all set up in his high chair and I served the three of us. Both my boys LOVED the potatoes!! Ben couldn't believe that I cut up the potatoes and made them from scratch. haha, But he did tell me that I've cursed myself. Now whenever we have breakfast with hash browns, I'll be the one making them. :)

We'd put some of the potatoes on Brodie's tray and he'd just keep putting them in his mouth. Then he'd look at us and stick his tongue out and we'd have to pull some of the potatoes out so he could eat what was in there before adding more. Ben also gave Brodie some bacon. He seemed to enjoy that as well.

After breakfast until about 3 in the afternoon, Brodie was just craaaaaanky! We had to go out and run a few errands. We just kept putting it off until Brodie wasn't crabby anymore, but that could've taken all day. So about 3-3:30, we loaded into the car and headed out. When we got to our destination, Brodie was sound asleep.

After doing a little shopping we went to our old neighbors and hung out with them for awhile. Their son Alex, Brodie loved watching him and playing with his toys. It was really fun seeing them again.

Then, we left and got some dinner at Chipotle. Brodie fell asleep on the car ride home and when we got home we put him to bed. It was a very, very nice day.

Oh, we got Brodie a new outfit and Ben got me some new pj pants :) Hope everyone else had a great Valentine's/New Year day! And may good luck bless you all for the rest of the year!!

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *