Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Brodie's two month appointment

Today Brodie had his two month check up. He did really well, he was smiling big at his doctor. He also got his two month shots today :( Ben had to step out of the room because he's so scared of needles, so I had to hold Brodie's little hands while the nurse gave him his three shots. There was a fourth shot but it was given to him orally. He seemed to like the oral shot, the nurse said it was kind of sweet.

Brodie was really good during his shots. They were given to him fast and he didn't cry any real tears, but he did whimper and wasn't pleased with the shots. After they were all over I held him and he was ok. When we had to put him in his car seat to leave, he did not like that. So Ben held him until we got out to the car.

During his check up, the nurse weighed him and checked his length & head circumference. On the way to the doctor Ben and I were taking bets on Brodie's weight. I said 12 lbs and Ben said around 13 lbs. Brodie weighs in at 13 lbs 9 oz!!! The doctor said that his weight is in the 90th percentile. His length was 23 1/4", which the doctor said was in the 50-75th percentile. And Brodie's head circumference measured in at 15 1/4", in the 25 percentile.

The doctor said that Brodie was looking great and that he has great head control! We knew that, he's been holding his head up since birth! :) She said from his developmental paperwork he's doing things that 3-4 month babies are doing! That made me really proud hearing that. He's doing amazingly well!

We did have a little scare though, because a girl in my department at work was diagnosed with Whooping Cough and had to go home yesterday. I didn't go to work at all today, as I went with the boys to Brodie's doctor appointment this morning and then I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon to get checked out for Whooping Cough. Well, I got checked out and I checked out fine. I don't have any symptoms nor do I have a cough. Brodie's doctor said that he would be safe from catching it since he didn't have direct exposure to the girl I work with and he also got a vaccine today to prevent him from getting the Whooping Cough. My doctor said that I basically can't do anything to prevent from getting it, but if I were to get it I'd know by this weekend. So I'm hoping that I don't get it!! Two other girls in my department have been coughing too! Our neighbors offered to let me borrow their gas mask!! haha But, like I said I haven't had any symptoms, and tomorrow's the last day of the week. I'll just stay in my office and not get close to the other girls. I'll also be keeping my fingers crossed :)

But, all in all, all three of us are doing well. In 16 days we're going to be heading to Salina/Ellsworth for the weekend for Brodie's baptism on July 19th and we're really looking forward to that. We hope everyone is enjoying Brodie's blog as much as we are updating it! :)

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *