Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Brodie is TEETHING!!

Last week on Thursday and Friday (7/23 & 7/24) I didn't go to work as I wasn't feeling well. So Brodie stayed home with me. Well we received bad news on Friday-Brodie's daycare provider was leaving and moving back to Washington on Monday (7/27)! Well, because of the short notice, Auntie Eden & Cousin Shelby came Sunday night through Tuesday afternoon to watch Brodie while we were at work. And Tuesday afternoon through Sunday Nana is watching Brodie. Nana was going to come up this weekend to watch Brodie anyway because Ben and I are going to a wedding.

Well, Friday and Saturday Brodie was being sooo fussy! He was running a low-grade temp and drooling like crazy! Sunday I told Ben "I think Brodie's teething," but when we went to feel his gums we weren't really sure what swollen gums felt like. Well, Monday when Auntie Eden and Shelby were watching him, I text them in the afternoon to see how things were going. Eden responds "Well, we're going to Target to get Brodie a teething ring. We think he's teething" When we were home from work Eden was telling us how all he wanted to be is held while they were running errands and that he would be calm when he was sucking her finger.

I had called my mom to talk to her about it and she said that I started teething when I was three months old. My mom asked me how Brodie was acting and I told her. She goes "yup, he's teething!"

Last night, after we were home from work, Brodie was getting a little fussy but not as much as he was the days prior. Ben rubbed some baby orajel on his gums and could feel his little teeth trying to come through! He felt more than one too! My poor baby! I feel so bad for him, you can just tell how uncomfortable it is for him.

He's three months one week and two days today. He's growing so fast! I hope the teeth come in fast so it gives him some relief, but I've read that teething can be a long process before a tooth really comes in. Keeping my fingers crossed it goes by fast :)

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *