Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's day 2010

I celebrated my second Mother's Day yesterday, and it was FANTASTIC! I couldn't have asked for a better day!

We woke up early because Ben had been smoking ribs and pork from 11pm the night before, so he kept setting his alarms to check on them. When we finally got up, Ben and Brodie were already downstairs and Ben was hollering for me.

He didn't have a chance to wrap my gifts, and honestly I wasn't expecting anything. He and Brodie went in on getting me a new pair of sandals the weekend before and told Ben that that was good enough for me. Well, I guess he thought differently :)

I removed the pillow hiding my gifts and cards and to my surprise, it was the best gifts ever. Awhile ago I was on the Babies R Us website and found these frames where you could put a picture of the baby and their hospital bracelet. I had sent Ben the link and told him that I would love to have two, one for Brodie and one for Naomi, to display. I then forgot about them. My husband is the best. He remembered these frames, and the frame shop next to his shop, he's pretty good friends with the owner there. He told her about them and showed her a picture of them. She custom made them for me! One is blue and the other is pink and Brodie's already had his hospital bracelet in it!! I had tears in my eyes. I was so surprised, and still am. I can't wait till our picture printer ink comes in so I can print a picture of Brodie off to put in his frame and I can't wait until August to finish Naomi's frame! :)

Brodie also got me the cutest card, well, Brodie signed Naomi's name too hehe :) But, on the front it's of this arm with a tattooed heart with "mom" in the middle. Then on the inside it says "And that means forever" :) Thinking about that makes me want to cry! haha :) It was just very sweet.

After eating breakfast and getting ready, Tuyen & Scott came over and we headed off for the zoo! They were doing a special where mother's got in free AND got free ice cream! :) We were there for almost two hours, Brodie had fallen asleep, and my hips were hurting bad. However, the time that we were there and when Brodie was awake, it was a lot of fun. I'm sure Brodie had a good time, but he was soooo tired he just didn't seem too interested. He usually has his morning naps around 10 or 11. Well, that was the time we left for the zoo. We saw birds and tigers, and orangutans! There was even a baby orangutan there! She was only 3 days younger than Brodie, but she was SO tiny still! Before leaving the zoo we decided to get Brodie some souvenirs; we got him a KC Zoo sippy cup and a little tiger.

We got back to the house, put Brodie down for a nap and the four of us ate some BBQ pork-which by the way was DELICIOUS! However, the ribs were still not done! haha Around 5pm Cousin Brent called and asked if we wanted to meet him and Sarah, and Aunt Rita & Uncle Dave for dinner at Bass Pro Shop. Luckily Brodie woke up right when we got off the phone. We quickly got him ready and out the door we went. It was a very nice evening! It was SO good to see all of them too! Of course they enjoyed seeing Brodie more, hehe ;)

My second Mother's Day was one of the best days ever. Got to spend time with family and friends and eat some great food. Also got the best gifts ever!! :) Hope all the mom's who read this had as great of day as I did! :D

P.S--I have all our Mother's Day pictures posted on facebook, just haven't had a chance to put on here. Will do that this evening. :)

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *