Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Sunday was Ben's second Father's Day and also marked Brodie's 14 month birthday :)

Sunday we did whatever Daddy wanted to do. We relaxed at home, Dad and Brodie made lunch, we went to Wal-Mart to run some errands, and then Dad made dinner :)

The boys had a lot of fun together. Sundays are usually the only time Ben gets to spend all day with Brodie, so they really enjoyed it. :)

For Daddy's gift, I made an 8x10 photo collage of our family pictures we took over Memorial weekend. I tried to use all the pictures of Ben & Brodie and some of just the three of us. Ben really liked it! Now, I just have to find a frame so we can hang it up :)

We were going to go to the park because Ben still hasn't had a chance to take Brodie to the park yet. But it was just so hot out, so we decided on another time when it wasn't as hot.

Father's Day was very nice and relaxing. I know Ben had a great day, celebrating himself and his accomplishments of being a wonderful father! He truly is amazing. I really chose the best when I chose him :)
- - - - - - - -
Brodie is now 14 months old! It's crazy how fast he's grown and changed. He's SO mobile!! Always just running around. He doesn't really have too many tumbles like he did, sometimes but not real bad. He's learned to blow kisses :) And give closed mouth kisses! hahahaha When he would give us kisses, he'd always have his mouth open-I think all babies are like that at first. But now, they're closed mouth and he goes "mmm-aaah!" The kissy noise, I taught him that :)

His new favorite toys are Daddy's Wii-motes and his PSP. He'll carry them around, sometimes play with them like they're phones or cars. He's also learned to throw them. haha

While we were at Wal-Mart Sunday, we got Brodie's gift to his baby sister. It's a little teddy bear that has "My first Teddy" written on its chest. It's super soft too! We thought that'd be a cute little gift from big brother to baby sister :) We still need to get Naomi's gift to her big brother and their big brother/baby sister shirts! :)

Not quite sure what else "new" Brodie is doing/up to. Oh he's saying "nighty-night" now when he's going to bed. It's so cute, Ben will take him half way up the stairs so they can still see me & vice-versa, and Ben will go "say nighty-night to mommy" and he'll go "night-night" :) It's so sweet :)

On Friday (6/18), we were having a food day at work. It was a "good-bye" type food day for those who have/were getting laid off. I went and picked up Brodie and brought him back. He had SO much fun!! Everyone loved seeing him and watching him just run around. They kept trying to give him snacks too haha. It was a lot of fun. A couple of my co-workers, Grace & Keiko, helped watch him and chase him around while I ate some lunch. When I took him back to daycare, he was SO tired!! The girls here wore him out! haha :)

Saturday morning we went garage saling. We would pull up to the garage sales and Ben would get out to check them out first. If anything good he'd come back and get Brodie and we'd go up. It nothing good, he'd come back and we'd go to another. We found some baby girl clothes, not a lot but a few. We also found a cast iron skillet, one with grooves on it. Brodie found an Austin Powers doll haha He wouldn't put it down so we had to get it :) I found some frames too. By the time we were done, I was getting sick from the heat so home we went! We'll have to go earlier next time :)

It was a very nice weekend, I have pictures that I'll post later on. They're still on the camera. Haven't had a chance to upload them onto the computer yet. Sorry! I'll try to do it this week though-it's not so easy for me to go up and down the stairs a lot. Usually when I go upstairs I stay upstairs, which is usually around bed time. But I'll try to post some pics this week!

3D picture from 29 weeks

3D picture from 29 weeks
* Sucking his thumb *